I am new to LivesArchived, what is the best way to get started?
You can also get to the below guide on any page by clicking the (?) link in the upper right.
Quick Start Instructions
To add an archive and photos/documents is easy.
- 1. Register for an account with an email and password
- 2. Click on Curator Dashboard (if you are not already on that page)
- 3. Click Add Person. You will be stepped through paying for archive space. This is a one-time event.
- 4. Put in the persons name. You will also be able to add any photos or files at this time. Click Next.
- 5. You will be prompted to add optional information about each item and whether you want it to be Public. Items marked Private are only seen by you. That is It!
- 6. It is likely you will want to add more photos/documents etc. or change the person’s Bio. Simply go to the the person archive page and click Edit. You may also do this from the Curator Dashboard.
Viewing A Persons Archive (free)
No account or sign-in is required to view a public archive. Each person has a unique URL (web address) customized with their name. You may share this URL by email or people may find the page via a search engine like Google. Once there, just click around!